Fair Warning:

FAIR WARNING:

Do not expect any manner of consistency, relevancy, or coloring within the lines on this blog. Such qualities may in fact be found here on rare occasion. But it's just better not to expect them.

Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Earthy Words of Wisdom


Today is "Green and Thrifty Thursday."

And I'm feeling simple.


So here we go.
Some simple, feel-good, "green" quotes.

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to 
have my senses put in order."
John Burroughs

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a 
necessity of the human spirit, 
as vital to our lives as water and good bread."
Edward Abbey

"All I want is to stand in a field 
and to smell green, to taste air, to feel the earth want me, 
without all this concrete hating me."
Phillip Pulfrey


"Never does nature say one thing, 
and wisdom another."
Juvenal

"He that plants trees loves others, beside himself."
Thomas Fuller



I found these quotes in this lovely collection,
along with many more gems.

"To feel the earth want me."
Monica.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was my favorite too, the one about the earth wanting me and the concrete hating me. These are great, they make me want to, in the least, get my garden planted!