Fair Warning:

FAIR WARNING:

Do not expect any manner of consistency, relevancy, or coloring within the lines on this blog. Such qualities may in fact be found here on rare occasion. But it's just better not to expect them.

Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On a Whim, on a Wednesday: Is Creativity Becoming Extinct?


Technology.

It is kinda a BIG DEAL.

For better, or for worse.

...or for both.


Technology is creating a society of
short attention spanned,
hot headed zombies.



OR....

Technology is creating a world of
information,
collaboration,
and opportunity.


"I've heard it both ways."
(Thank you, Sean Spencer).


I definitely have some rather developed, supported, and
-most importantly-
evolving opinions on the matter.

But I think that I'll hold off on writing that post.

Especially since I am smack dab in the middle of some pretty expansive research on the matter.

Because, you see, I'm writing an essay.

An essay where I basically explore
the impact that technology has on the
creative foundation of adults,
as well as on the
creative potential for children.


Soon to come: My new-and-improved opinion on the matter.

And just in case this subject is as important you to as it is to me, (or even if you just want to dip your toes in a bit)
here is a list of my chosen research sources:

THESE books:





And THESE articles from the internets:

>Want To Be More Creative? Get Bored.
by
Martin Lindstrom
Link:
http://www.fastcompany.com/1829462/want-be-more-creative-get-bored

A blog post centered on an
interview with Isaac Asimov

by
Maria Popova
Link:
http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2011/01/28/isaac-asimov-creativity-education-science/


And please oh PLEASE share your thoughts on the matter!

Determined that I'm going to thoroughly read each of these books before my essay is due next week,
Monica.

No comments: