Fair Warning:

FAIR WARNING:

Do not expect any manner of consistency, relevancy, or coloring within the lines on this blog. Such qualities may in fact be found here on rare occasion. But it's just better not to expect them.

Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuning in to Tuesday


Yikes.

Day 2 of "daily" blogging, and I nearly forgot about it altogether....

Good thing there are still a couple hours left in this Tuesday.
And what a glorious Tuesday, it has been!

Now, to introduce the "tuning in" concept:

Really, I think all I mean by this is that Tuesday posts will have something to do with music...

Just, something....

Because music makes my little heart flutter.
And goodness knows, I can gush about it!

So there will probably be posts with music videos.

Posts with favorite lyrics.

Posts with playlists (because making those is like... my favorite thing, ever).

Posts with instrumental endeavors.

Posts with musician profiles.

And maybe even some posts with
deep, thoughtful, psychological analyses....


Like this:


But probably more like this:


Hmmmm... YES.

Anyway, to add a little bit of intrigue to this rather dry, rambling, tumbleweed of a post, I think I will do a bit of an experiment.

Ever wonder what would happen if I put my entire iTunes library on random and wrote down the first 10 songs that came up?

Come on, you KNOW this question has
kept you up at night.

Well, fret not.

First 10 songs to be randomly selected:

1. Adeste, Fideles - Enya
2. Come to the Isle of the Skye - Steve McDonald
3. It Ends Tonight - The All-American Rejects
4. The Pirate That Should Not Be - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
5. One of These Days - Tim McGraw
6. Don't Let Go - Bryan Adams
7. Going Home - Mary Fahl
8. Humble Me - Norah Jones
9. Bad - U2
10. Sarabande in D Minor - Johann Sebastian Bach


So, um... what does this say about me?

I love a good soundtrack, celtic melody, or Baroque piece....
And yet my heart also beats for Tim McGraw, The All-American Rejects, and U2.
And then there is Norah Jones... somewhere in the middle of it all....

Is this embarrassing, or validating???

Let's go with the latter.
Yes.

Bach and U2 are my heroes,
Monica





2 comments:

katilda said...

i support tuesdays! also...i'm playing sarabande at my violin lessons. also, meditation by massenet. look that one up. it is prrrretty!

Monica Christiansen said...

Oooh I love "meditation!" Make sure you take a video of yourself playing it :) I want to see.